Similar to curd rice!
I have tried lot of oats recipes like oats biriyani, Oats Pongal, oats upma etc. I am not a big fan of oats. Since it is very healthy, I want to make it very tasty and have it at least once a week.
How much ever oats dish is tasty, sometimes if people do not like oats it is difficult to make them eat. Oats Curd Rice makes my job easier as I do not have to convince anyone to eat it. On seeing the rice itself, they would assume it to be like that of curd rice and voila my desire to make everyone eat oats gets fulfilled.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
Recipe Category: Main Course
Recipe Reference: Chef Dhamu
Oats – 1 cup
Boiled rice – 1 cup
Curd/yogurt – 1 cup
Chopped green chillies – 1 no.
Finely chopped raw mango – 1/4 cup
Grated ginger – 2 teaspoons
Curry leaves – 5 to 6 nos.
Coriander leaves – For garnishing
Salt – as desired
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Red chillies – 2 to 3 nos.
Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
Raisins – 10 nos.(Optional)
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Note. The quantity listed under the ingredients differs in the original picture.
1. Boil rice using 2.5 cups of water. Using masher, mash the cooked rice well and add more water if needed.
2. Boil oats using 1/2 cup water and a pinch of salt for 3 minutes. Add green chillies, raw mango, and ginger. Transfer it to a mixing bowl and let it cool down.
3. Beat the curd well. In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds pop out, add curry leaves, red chillies, and urad dal.
4. Now add a teaspoon of oil and fry the raisins until they plump up. Add the seasoning and raisins to the cooked rice.
5. Add the beaten curd and oats to the cooked rice. Combine them well. Finally add coriander leaves and serve.
Now, Oats Curd Rice is ready!!!
Serve: Pickle, Thuvaiyal, and Beans and Carrot Poriyal, Carrot Poriyal / Carrot Stir Fry, Cabbage Stir-Fry, Kovakkai Fry / Tindora Fry, Mango Pachadi (With Sugar), Murungakeerai Poriyal, Plantain Poriyal, Vendakkai Poriyal / Ladies Finger Stir Fry, Avarakkai Verkadalai Poriyal, Beans Paruppu Usili, Beetroot Curry – Sweet Version, Brinjal Pepper Masala, Brinjal Pirattal, Brinjal Rajma Masala, Broccoli Poriyal, Broccoli Usili,Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry, Cabbage Capsicum Curry, Cauliflower Poriyal, Cauliflower Potato Masala (Aloo Gobi), Chettinadu Cauliflower Fry, Dry Spiced Cabbage, Jackfruit Seeds Subzi, Keerai Poriyal, Kovakkai Urulai Poriyal, Masala Capsicum, Mushroom Curry, Plantain Fry, Potato Broccoli Fry, Potato and Egg Poriyal, Potato Podimass, Turnip Poriyal, Ginger Chutney, Beetroot Thogayal, Peerkankai Thoel Thogayal