My mom was here for my second delivery and made a lot of soup varieties for me. This is one of the soup variety she made often at least twice a week. I liked it so much. She learned this recipe from a cookery book. It is a very simple and easy soup to make.
You can have it with bread sticks or cheese sticks. The onions add an extra zing to the soup. Adding fried onions to the soup is my mom’s idea. When she said she is going add fried onions, I hesitated but then when I tasted I just loved it. Adding fried onions is purely your choice. You can omit it if you do not want it.
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Adaption. Asaiva Samayal
Chicken – 300gm
Mushroom – 100gm
Chopped onion – 1/4 cup
Butter (vennai) – 1 tablespoon
Pepper powder – 1 teaspoon (as desired)
Corn flour – 3 teaspoons
Spring onions (vengaya thaal) – for garnishing
Salt – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Heat a pan and melt butter. Add mushroom and fry well. Remove the fried mushroom and keep it aside. In the same pan, fry the onions in melted butter until they become golden brown and keep it aside.
2. In a vessel, heat 3 cups of water and add chicken pieces. Boil well. You can see froth floating on top. Remove the froth.
3. Add fried mushroom and salt to the boiling water. Stir well. Then, mix corn flour in 2 tablespoons of water and make a paste. Keep the corn flour mixture aside.
4. Now, add the cornflour paste and let it boil for 15 minutes. Then add pepper powder and salt. Mix well and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Now, garnish the Chicken Mushroom Soup with fried onions and chopped spring onions.
Now, Chicken Mushroom Soup is ready! Serve hot.