I love any dishes that have potatoes in it and will always have potatoes at home. My daughter Sanvi also loves potatoes. Right now, potato is the only vegetable that she eats….hmmm…you got it! She is a fussy eater so how can I make her eat?
I usually give her potato fry, poori potato masala, and potato podimass. Then I wanted to try something different for her and that is when I tried this Potato and Egg Poriyal recipe. Sanvi loved it and so am I. It is very simple and tastes similar to the potato masala we usually make at home. Try it out and let me know how you liked it.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Category: Side Dish
Eggs – 3 nos.
Boiled Potatoes – 2 nos. (Cut into cubes)
Chopped Onion – 2 nos.
Chopped Green Chillies – 2 to 3 nos.
Ginger Garlic Paste (inji poondu vizhudhu) – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder (manjal thool) – 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder (milaga thool) – 2 teaspoons
Corainder Leaves (kothamalli) – 2 sprigs
Mustard Seeds (kadugu) – 1/2 teaspoon
Urad Dal (ulutham paruppu) – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – as desired
Oil – 3 tablespoons (add more, if required)
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Then add Urad Dal (ulutham paruppu) and let it turn light brown. Now, add chopped onions and fry until it turns transparent.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till its raw smell leaves. Then add potatoes and stir well without mashing the potatoes.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Stir well and then add 1 tablespoon of water. Stir well again.
4. Break the eggs and add them one by one. Stir once and add little oil.
5. Add some more oil if required while frying the potatoes and eggs. At one point, the potatoes and eggs will blend well.
6. Add coriander leaves and stir well for one final time.
Now, Potato and Egg Fry is ready! Serve hot.
Serve. With Sambar, Rasam, Kootu and Curd Rice.
You can have Potato Egg Poriyal along with the following recipes:
Chappathi, Spiced Puris, Cucumber Kootu, Vazhaipoo Kootu (Banana Blossom Curry), Cauliflower and Carrot Kootu, Dal Tadka, Rajma Dal,Cucumber Moru Kootu, Poosanikai Mor Kuzhambu, Keerai Masiyal, Keerai Masiyal (No garlic and onion), Mushroom Kuzhambu, Pavakkai Pitlai/Bittergourd Pitlai, Mochai Kara Kuzhambu, Paruppu Rasam, Pineapple Rasam, Poondu Rasam (Garlic Rasam), Capsicum Sambar, Bisi Bele Bath, Oats Curd Rice