Chicken – 1/2 kg (Young chicken tastes the best!)
Chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
Coriander powder (Daniya thool) – 3 teaspoons
Roasted gram flour (Pottukadalai) – 6 teaspoons
Mashed ginger – 1 piece
Mashed garlic cloves (Poondu) – 4 nos.
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon – 1 no.
Red color – a pinch (optional)
Oil – as desired
Salt – as desired
1. In a mixing bowl, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, lemon juice, mashed ginger, and mashed garlic. Then, add chicken to it and mix well. Chicken pieces should be coated well with the masala.
2. In a mixie, grind the roasted gram flour. Now, coat the chicken well with the roasted gram flour.
Note. If you are using red color, then mix the red color with a teaspoon of water. Apply it to the chicken before you coat chicken with the roasted gram flour.
3. Heat the dosa pan with few teaspoons of oil. Fry the chicken in the dosa pan until it turn out crispy.
Now, Pottukadalai Chicken is ready!
- You can use bread crumbs as a substitute for roasted gram flour.
- You can deep fry the chicken instead of frying it in dosa pan.
- You can follow the same procedure with mutton, fish, and shrimp.