Prawn Curry is Gj’s favorite dish. When he buys prawns/shrimps, he would as me to make this dish. I like to eat this dish with Curd Rice andChappathi. Gj prefers to eat this dish only with Curd Rice. After eating, he would love to sleep for 2 hours (I guess prawn curry with curd rice would make him drowsy). If I want him to watch a movie with us, then I would make this dish for dinner. If I have some work to do, then I would not mind him eating this dish and falling asleep. This is a basic Prawn Curry and anyone could do this easily as the preparation is very simple. Except for grinding ginger garlic paste and deveining prawns,shrimps, there is not much work to do. This dish also goes well with Idly and Dosa.
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Cooking Time. 15 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Side Dish
Prawn/Shrimp – 1.5 cups
Chopped Onion – 1 cup
Chopped Tomatoes – 1 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1.5 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves – 2 sprigs
Fennel Powder (Sombu Thool) – 3/4 teaspoon
Curd – 1/4 cup
Salt – as desired
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Heat oil in a pan, and then add chopped onions followed by fennel powder (sombu thool). Mix well.
2. Add ginger garlic paste, and sauté till it becomes golden brown. Then add chopped tomatoes and sauté it well until mushy.
3. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, and coriander powder followed by prawns/shrimps. Saute for a minute until raw smell of the powders go off. Then add water and let it boil for 3 more minutes. Now add curd and cook for 4 more minutes. When prawns/shrimps are cooked, add coriander leaves.
Now, Prawn Curry/Shrimp Curry is ready!
You can serve Prawn Curry with the following recipes:
Chappathi, Methi Chappathi, Spiced Puris, Cucumber Moru Kootu, Poosanikai Mor Kuzhambu, Paruppu Rasam, French Biryani, Asparagus And Peas Pulao, Jeera Pulao, Cucumber Rice, Oats Curd Rice,
- Wash, clean and devein the prawns well.
- Maximum cooking time for prawns in 7-8 minutes. If you cook more than 9 minutes, prawns would become rubbery.