I learned this recipe from my mom. She makes this Fish Fry almost every other day. Whenever I have lot of work to do and have no time in the kitchen, I make this Fish Fry. My husband loves this recipe so much. Some of my friends who have tasted this recipe loves this Fish Fry so much.
Preparation Time. 3 minutes
Cook Time. 10 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Side dish
Fish slices (any fish) – 5 nos.
Lemon – 1 no.
Turmeric powder (manjal thool) – 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder (milaga thool) – 2 teaspoon (you can add more if you want it to be more spicy)
Black pepper powder (milagu thool) – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – as desired
Oil – for shallow frying or deep frying
1. In a mixing bowl, put turmeric powder, chilli powder, black pepper powder, lemon juice, and salt. Mix the ingredients using little water. Add the fish to the mixing bowl and marinade for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil for deep frying. Then, either drop fish one by one in the oil and deep fry it or else put 2 tablespoon of oil in a dosa pan, and shallow fry the fish. I have shallow fried the fish in a dosa pan.
Now, the Simple Fish Fry dish is ready!
1. Apply 2 teaspoons of vinegar or 2 teaspoons of thick tamarind juice or even juice of half lemon on both the sides of the fish for few minutes. Then, wash the fish. This will help to clean the fish and remove the odor from the fish to a certain extent.
2. You can marinade the fish and refrigerate for half hour.
3. I usually shallow fry the fish using 2 teaspoons of oil. Some prefer to deep fry the fish.
4. When you deep fry the fish, make sure you heat the oil in high flame and when you fry the fish, deep fry it in medium flame.
Serve. Curd rice.