All purpose flour – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 cups
Finely grated carrots – 3 cups
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 1 cup
Eggs – 4
Vanilla essence – few drops
Tips for a beginner baker:Basics of baking a cake, Cake baking problems & causes, How to Preheat the Oven?
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pan with cup cake wrappers or grease the cupcake pan with butter and then dust it with all purpose flour. I have used cupcake wrappers as it is very convenient to eat as well as to clean the pan.
2. Finely grate the carrots. Sieve the all purpose flour and baking powder to remove any lumps.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated carrots, all purpose flour and baking powder. Add sugar and baking soda to the all purpose flour mixture. Using a spatula, mix it once.
4. Then, add vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla essence. Mix at low speed for 30 seconds. Then mix at high speed for 3 minutes.
5. Pour batter into cupcake wrappers until they are 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Note. Do not check the cake in between by opening the oven for the first 20 minutes.
6. Use a toothpick to check if the cup cakes are done. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cupcakes are done.
Cool 10 minutes in pans then move to wire rack to cool completely.
Now, Carrot Cupcakes are ready!
Usually carrot cupcakes are very good with a cream cheese frosting.
You can also garnish it with candied carrot curls.
Do not use pre-shredded carrots.
You can use a pinch of ground nutmeg or 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon as a substitute for vanilla essence.
You can also garnish with chopped walnuts.
Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.