My mom makes a variety of noodles. I learned this recipe from her. It is super easy to make. If you have the vegetables half-boiled, then it is done in few minutes. You can also add egg scramble to make this noodles even more tasty.
I did not add eggs as I thought there were enough veggies. I had this dish along with Fried Fish With Lemons. If you are not particular about having Indian and Chinese food together, then you can also have it with Tandoori Chicken.
Preparation Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 25 minutes
Recipe Category. Main course
Recipe Adaptation. Asaiva Samayal
Noodles – 1 packet
Boneless chicken – 2 cups
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Mixed vegetables (peas, beans, spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, capsicum) – 2 cups (I have added beans, broccoli, capsicum and spinach)
Soya sauce – 2 teaspoon
Corn flour – 2 teaspoon
Green chillies – 4 nos.
Oil – 2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon
Salt – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Chop the veggies, cut the chicken pieces and keep them aside. In a large pan, boil water over high heat. When water has boiled well, add salt and noodles. Boil noodles until they turn transparent and soft. This step will take about 5 to 7 minutes. The cooking time varies for different kinds of noodles.
- Add noodles only when the water is hot or else the noodles will turn soggy and mushy.
- If your noodles is very long, then break them into two and add them.
2. Once the noodles are cooked, switch off the stove. Now, add plenty of cold water to the cooked noodles and drain the water. Add few drops of oil say 2 teaspoons and then coat the noodles with oil well. Oil will prevent the noodles from sticking to each other. Boil water and add beans.
3. When beans are boiled, transfer them to a bowl. Likewise, in the same boiling water, add broccoli. Cook the broccoli until they are boiled.
4. Transfer the boiled broccoli pieces to a bowl.In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add chopped onions and green chillies. Fry until onions turn transparent and then add chicken pieces. Fry for a minute.
5. Add raw capsicum pieces, boiled beans and boiled broccoli and fry for five minutes. Then add spinach leaves and fry until spinach becomes little soft. Stir well and add salt. Remember, you have added salt earlier while boiling noodles, so add salt accordingly.
6. Add boiled noodles, fry for a minute and then add corn flour paste. (Make corn flour paste using 2 teaspoon of corn flour and 3 tablespoon of water). Stir once and boil for two minutes. Then add soya sauce and stir once. Simmer the flame and then fry for 2 minutes. Switch off the stove.
Now, Chicken and Vegetable Noodles is ready! Serve hot.
Serve. Any Ketchup or some spicy side dish