Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 nos.
Recipe Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Boneless chicken – 1.5 cups
Red chillies (kanja molaga) – 4 to 5 nos. (add more if you want it to be more spicy)
Chopped onion – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste (inji poondu vizhudhu) – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Spring onions – 1 sprig (optional)
Oil – 2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
1. Heat two tablespoons of oil and add chopped onions. Fry for five minutes and then add ginger garlic paste followed by red chillies. If you want it to be spicy, add more red chillies. Fry until the raw smell of ginger garlic paste goes off.
2. Add boneless chicken and turmeric powder. Fry well till onions turn light brown.
3. Add one cup of water and salt. Keep frying.
4. Add a teaspoon of oil and keep frying.
5. Keep frying until the chicken has absorbed the water well or until the dish becomes dry. If needed, add more oil. You can see in the pictures below how the dish becomes dry. Garnish with spring onions.
Now, Chilli Chicken is ready!
Serve. Chilli Chicken can be eaten as such. Still, it goes well with Noodles, Friedrice, and Pulao.