A flavourful robust lentil preparation!
Cook Time. 20 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Main Course
Boiled rajma – 1 cup
Tomato (chopped) – 1 cup
Onion (chopped) – 1 cup
Fennel seeds (sombu) – 1 teaspoon
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
Slit green chillies – 2 nos.
Garlic – 4 cloves
Garam masala powder – 2 teaspoons
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Cashew nuts – 12 nos.
Curry leaves – 6 To 8 nos.
Salt – as desired
Oil – as desired
1. Soak the rajma dal overnight. Cook it in pressure cooker for 3 whistles. Retain the water.
2. Grind the cashew nuts, ginger garlic paste, and onions.
3. In a pan, heat oil. Add garlic along with its skin, fennel seeds, curry leaves, and onion in an order. Fry until onion becomes golden brown. Now, add tomato and fry for 3-4 minutes.
4. Now add turmeric powder and green chillies, and fry well until tomatoes become mushy.
5. Then, add the ground paste and little water. Boil until the oil seperates well. Add garam masala powder and salt.
6. Finally, add the boiled rajma along with the retained water.
Now, the Rajma Dal is ready!
Serve: Chappathi, Rotis, Dosa, Idly, and Hot Rice.