A lip-smacking success!
Paneer or tofu cubes are cooked in rich creamy gravy. It has a divine taste. I usually have this gravy with rotis and pulao. Though I have cooked this gravy several times, one of my readers Pooja had asked me the recipe for this rich creamy gravy. So, here is the recipe with step-by-step pictures, as promised!
Paneer/Tofu Pieces – 1 Cup
Chopped Onion – 1
Chopped Tomato – 4
Slitted Green Chilly – 1
Ginger – 1 Inch
Cardamom – 2
Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Garam Masala – 1/2 Teaspoon
Pepper Powder – 1/2 Teaspoon
Milk Or Light Cream – 1/4 Cup
Tomato Sauce – 1 Tablespoon
Coriander Leaves – 2 Tablespoons
Oil/Ghee – 3-4 Tablespoons
1. In a pan, heat oil or Ghee. Add cardamom, green chilly, and chopped ginger followed by onion. Fry until onion becomes transparent. Now, add chopped tomatoes and cook until tomatoes become mushy. Switch off the stove and cool the mixture.
2. Grind the mixture and strain it. Do not omit this step. Straining is very important though it takes few extra minutes. Strained mixture would be little watery.
3. In a pan, heat oil or Ghee. Add the strained mixture, tomato sauce, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, pepper powder and garam masala in an order.
4. Fry the mixture till the oil separates and forms a thick paste. Add Paneer or tofu cubes.
5. Add milk little by little and stir continuously in low flame for 3-4 minutes. Do not boil for more time.
6. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
Now, Shahi Paneer is ready!