A mouth-watering dish!The onions and tomatoes blend well and result in this mouth-watering dish – Shrimp Tomato Masala. My family’s favorite dish…we love to have this masala along with curd rice and chappathi. Oh…not to forget the fresh curry leaves…it simply adds a fresh flavor to this mouth-watering dish.
Chopped big onions – 2 nos.
Shrimp (Prawn/Iral) – 1lb
Chopped tomatoes – 3 nos.
Ginger garlic paste – 1 to 2 teaspoon
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Cumin powder (Seeraga thool) – 1 to 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Chili powder – 2 teaspoons
Coriander powder (Kothamalli thool) – 3 to 4 teaspoons
Slitted green chillies – 3 nos.
Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
Chopped coriander leaves – a handful
Salt – as desired
Oil – as desired
1. Clean the shrimp by cutting off its head and tail. Devein it.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Add onions and ginger garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell goes off.
3. Add green chillies, tomatoes, and curry leaves. Cook till the oil seperates.
4. Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and salt. Fry for 4 mins.
5. Add shrimp. Cook till the water evaporates. Shrimp should blend nicely with the masala. Do not cook for more than 10 mins otherwise shrimp will become rubbery.
6. Garnish the shrimp tomato masala using coriander leaves.
Now, Shrimp Tomato Masala is ready!!!