Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 2 persons
Right from my childhood days, I just can’t resist Sweet Corn Soup. It is my favorite soup. I tried to make at home two years back, and it came out okay. I then changed few ingredients and tried out again last week. Voila…it came out very well. You can also add soya sauce in this recipe, but I decided that all purpose flour would be enough. You can try out the same recipe with different vegetables. I used to miss this soup very much for the past few years. I never find it here in any of the Indian restaurants, but now no regrets. I can make it at home with available ingredients as it is very simple and easy.
Sliced Mushroom – 1/2 cup
Chopped Broccoli – 1/2 cup
Chopped Cauliflower Florets – 1/4 cup
Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 2 tablespoon
Egg White – 2 nos.
Chopped onion – 1/4 cup
Salt – as desired
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Boil corn kernels and keep them aside. Make an all purpose flour/maida paste (mix 1.5 tablespoon of all purpose flour/maida in 1/2 cup of water) and keep it aside. Also in a bowl, beat the egg white well (do not add the yolk) and keep it aside.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil and fry the onions until transparent. Keep the onions aside. Frying onions is an optional step.
Boil 3 cups of water in a vessel and add the mushrooms. Boil them for two minutes.
3. Now add the broccoli, corn kernels and cauliflower florets. Boil for three more minutes. Then add the fried onions.
4. Add the all purpose flour/maida paste and let it boil for three minutes. Once you add the all purpose flour/maida paste, the soup will start to thicken.
6. After two minutes, you will see the egg whites floating at the top. Add salt. Stir well and bring the vessel down.
Now, the Vegetable Sweet Corn Soup is ready!