Tips for a beginner baker:Basics of baking a cake, Cake baking problems & causes, How to Preheat the Oven? Yield. 12 Cupcakes
Bake Time 18 to 24 Minutes
All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 2/3 cups
Butter – 1 stick (1/2 cup) room temperature
Eggs – 3
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1.5 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Milk – 1 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F. Take a bowl, beat the butter and sugar using the hand mixer.
2. Add an egg and beat well.
3. Now add another egg and beat well.
4. Add vanilla essence and beat for few seconds.
5. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) in a bowl. With a mixer at a low speed, alternatively add flour mixture and milk to the sugar/egg batter. Beat it for 2 mins till fine batter is formed.
6. Now line up the cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill the cup evenly with the batter.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and cool it for 20 minutes.
Now Vanilla Cupcake is ready!