Tips for a beginner baker:Basics of baking a cake, Cake baking problems & causes, How to Preheat the Oven? Yield. 12 Cupcakes
Bake Time 18 to 24 Minutes
I made this Vanilla Strawberry Cupcake for my baby Shreeya’s 1st monthsary birthday. I could not plan much as my elder one was keeping me busy all the time. When I was thinking for some easy cake ideas, I landed up with this recipe. It was very easy to make. I actually planned to make a basic Vanilla Cupcake and then thought of adding some strawberry pieces into it. I then added strawberry pieces and believe me, it came out very well. Initially I thought of posting Vanilla Cupcake and Vanilla Strawberry Cupcake as a single recipe /post but then thought will post it as two recipes. Hope you like both Vanilla Cupcake and Vanilla Strawberry Cupcake.
All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 2/3 cups
Butter – 1 stick (1/2 cup) room temperature
Eggs – 3
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Baking powder – 1.5 teaspoon
Chopped strawberries – 1/2 to 1 cup
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Milk – 1 cup
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F. Take a bowl, beat the butter and sugar using the hand mixer.
2. Add an egg and beat well.
3. Now add another egg and beat well.
4. Add vanilla essence and beat for few seconds.
5. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) in a bowl. With a mixer at a low speed, alternatively add flour mixture and milk to the sugar/egg batter. Beat it for 2 minutes till fine batter is formed. Then add finely chopped strawberries and stir well.
6. Now line up the cupcake pan with paper liners. Fill the cup evenly with the batter.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and cool it for 20 minutes.
Now Vanilla Strawberry Cupcake is ready!