I love all chaat recipes. I can never say ‘No’ to them at all. During my early days, when I started to learn cooking, I did not know that you could make Bhel Puri at home. Few years ago, I visited my neighborhood friend just like that.
She welcomed me and felt bad that she did not have anything to offer me. I convinced her that I was not hungry at all and moreover it was an unplanned visit. She was still feeling bad. All of a sudden, my friend said she could either make Upma or Bhel Puri. She left the choice to me. Guess what I chose??? Yes, Bhel Puri!!! I asked her if it was quite easy to make Bhel Puri at home. She laughed and invited me to the kitchen. I learned the preparation from her. Since then whenever Gj is hungry and I don’t have anything at home, I’ll make Bhel Puri for him. Now Sanvi also likes it a lot. Bhel Puri has become our family’s favorite chaat.
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Rice puffs (pori) – 2 cups
Sev – 3/4 cup
Mango (raw) – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1
Carrot (grated) – 1 no.
Potatoes (boiled and peeled) – 1 no.
Papdi (roughly broken) – 8 pieces
Coriander leaves – 3 tablespoon
Roasted peanuts – 2 tablespoon
Green chutney – 3 teaspoon
Dates chutney – 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice – 2 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. Chop the mango, onion, tomato, potatoes, and coriander leaves finely. Keep the dates chutney and green chutney by your side. In a large and wide bowl, add the rice puffs.
2. Along with rice puffs, add the cut veggies, chaat masala, chilli powder, cumin powder, sev, roasted peanuts, Papdi, salt, green chutney, and dates chutney. Combine well. Sprinkle coriander leaves and lemon juice and give a quick stir.
Now Bhel Puri is ready! Serve immediately before it turns soggy.
- You can also add 5 tablespoon of pomegranate.
- You can also add boiled chickpeas or green moong to the Bhel Puri.
- If rice puffs are soft, then just slightly roast it in a pan before making Bhel Puri.
- Serve immediately or else Bhel Puri will turn soggy.
- You can add chutneys more or less based on your taste. If you want soggy and soft Bhel Puri, add more chutneys. If not add less chutneys.