A Very Simple And Flavorful Pulao!
Basmati Rice – 2 Cups
Asparagus Pieces – 1 Cup (Cut each asparagus into three pieces leaving out the hard part)
Capsicum – 1 (Optional) I used red capsicum.
Green Peas – 1 Cup
Onion – 1 (Cut into long thin slices)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
Cumin Seeds (Seeragam) – 1/2 Teaspoon
Water – 2 Cups
Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
Bay Leaf (Brinji Leaf ) – 1
Oil – 1 Tablespoon
Salt – As Desired
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to splutter. Add onions and fry until it becomes transparent.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off. Now, add the rice, bay leaf, coconut milk, water and required salt. Cook the rice.
4. In another pan, heat oil. Saute peas and asparagus for 5 minutes.
5. Now, add the peas and asparagus to the cooked rice and stir once. Garnish using coriander leaves.
Now, the Asparagus and Peas Pulao is ready!
Serve. GRAVIES FOR ROTIS
Thank you Simple Indian Foods for sharing this recipe!