A perfect dish to have with Kothu Parotta or simple parathas!My family just love this dish a lot and ask me to make it frequently. I learned this recipe from EnSamayalPakkam Blog.For those days when we don’t eat non-veg, I substitute chicken with potatoes. When I make lot of dishes for my guests, I definitely add this one to my list of recipes. My guests just love this dish a lot. It does not consume a lot of time and energy. Thank you EnSamayalPakkam for sharing this tasty Salna. Definitely, a dish that is very easy to make!
Chicken – 1 lb
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice – a pinch
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Fennel seeds (Sombu) – 1 teaspoon
Jeera (Seeragam) – 1 teaspoon
Peppercorns – 1 teaspoon
Red chillies – 4 nos.
Oil – 2 teaspoons
Chopped onion- 1 no.
Chopped garlic – 5 pods
Chopped ginger – 1/2″
Chopped tomato – 1 no.
Coconut – 1/4 to 1/2 cup
1. Marinade chicken using turmeric powder, chilli powder, lemon juice, and salt for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, add 2 teaspoons of oil and fry onion, ginger, and garlic until onion becomes transparent. Then, add tomatoes and coconut and fry for 4-5 minutes.
3. Grind the ingredients given under “To Grind”. Then, grind the sauted fried onion-tomato masala along with “To Grind” ingredients.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in cooker and fry chicken for 2- 3 mins. Then add all the masalas under “To Grind” and “For Masala”.
5. Add salt. Mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Finally, add corriander leaves.
Now, Chicken Salna is ready!!!
Serve: Hot Rice, Chappathi, Idly, and Parathas.