A fruity and a moist cake - an old-fashioned favorite!I made this cake for a get-together and it turned out to be a blockbuster. Everyone simply loved this cake and since then whenever we have a get-together, they request me to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake. If I have a pineapple tin at home, then I usually make this cake and serve as a dessert.Sweet lovers, think twice….may be even thrice… before adding an extra cup of sugar as it would dominate the lovely taste of caramelized pineapples. I am sure if you follow the ingredients given below, you will get the perfect sweetness. Tips for a beginner baker: Basics of baking a cake, Cake baking problems & causes, How to Preheat the Oven?
Pineapple – 7 slices
Butter – 1/4 cup
Brown sugar or normal sugar – 2/3 cup (I used normal sugar)
Self rising flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Shortening – 1/4 cup
Egg – 1
Milk – 1/2 cup
1. Heat oven to 350°F degrees. Apply butter on the cake pan. Drain pineapple (reserve 2 tablespoons syrup).
2. Melt butter over low heat and add brown sugar. Keep stirring until sugar melts and remove from heat. Arrange pineapple as desired in the cake pan. Now, pour the brown sugar on top of the pineapples.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour with sugar. Add shortening and milk.
4. Mix at medium speed 2 minutes. Add egg, milk and pineapple syrup. Beat for three more minutes.
5. Pour cake batter over pineapples in the cake pan, spreading evenly.
6. Bake 40-45 minutes and use a toothpick to check if the cake is done.
Note. Do not check the cake in between by opening the oven for the first 20 minutes.
Now, Pineapple Upside Down Cake is ready!!!
I am sending this recipe to