When it comes to cutlets, my favorite is Chicken Cutlet. In my hometown, there was a bakery near my house. Everyday I make it a point to eat a Chicken Cutlet from there. I like to eat the cutlets with tomato ketchup. My mom also makes tasty cutlets.
On Sundays, we would have some kind of special non-veg dishes from my mom’s kitchen. How much ever cutlets you give me, I can finish it off. I still have not learned to say “I am done” when it comes to Cutlets. When I was pregnant with Sanvi, I used to long for the Cutlets. We did not have any Indian restaurants near by. I had severe nausea so found it very difficult to make Cutlets. When I delivered Sanvi, I requested my mom to make some tasty Chicken Cutlets for me. I had them till my stomach as well as heart was contented. I love Chicken Cutlets so much. So here goes the recipe for my favorite Chicken Cutlet…
Preparation Time. 15 minutes
Cook Time. 25 minutes
Recipe Cuisine. Indian
Recipe Category. Snack
Yield. 6 cutlets
Minced boiled chicken – 2 cups
Finely chopped onion – 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
Turmeric powder (manjal thool) – 1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder (molaga thool) – 2 teaspoons
Coriander powder (kothamalli thool) – 2 teaspoons
All purpose flour (maida) – 5 to 6 tablespoons
Rice flour (arisi mavu) – 1 tablespoon
Corn flour (Sola mavu) – 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Chopped coriander leaves (kothamalli) – 2 tablespoons
Bread crumbs – as desired
Oil – as desired
Salt – as desired
Note. The ingredients shown will vary with the original quantity.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, onion, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves and followed by turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, all purpose flour, rice flour, corn flour, salt, and coriander leaves. Mix the ingredients well. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Meantime, keep the bread crumbs ready. Now, take a small ball of the chicken mixture and shape it as desired. I have shaped it round. Now coat the chicken balls with the bread crumbs well. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a dosa pan/flat pan. Then fry the chicken cutlet on both sides until golden brown in medium flame. Drain them on paper towels.
Now, Chicken Cutlets are ready! Serve hot.
- Tomato Ketchup with thinly sliced onion rings.
- You can use this cutlet as burger patties.
- You can also use boiled and mashed potatoes along with minced chicken.
- You can use a cookie cutter and shape the chicken mixture as desired. I have made heart and oval shaped cutlets. Dip the cookie cutter in oil just before you shape the chicken mixture.
- If you are not concerned about oil, then you can deep fry the chicken cutlets in oil until golden brown.Sometimes, cutlets may get over fried and become black. So, be careful and stand near till you get your cutlets done.